Interesting observations as we leave Vladivostok and Russia.
Before we arrived we were aware of the news of an unsafe Russia, but;
- seen no car accidents at all,
- seen no punch ups
- not felt intimidated as we walked through groups of young people or older people for that matter,
- felt safer here than on the streets of Sydney.
- people tried to be helpful, although some could not care less,
- interested in where we came from & knew it was far away,
- surprised we would want to go on the Trans Siberian Railway,
- more surprised we would come to Russia for a holiday as they see Thailand or Vietnam as holiday destinations,
- were recognized as being different,
- even a lady on the station suggested we move further up the platform as those carriages would go to the airport.
Wonderful experience it has been despite Boris being here